Last Updated on October 22, 2020
Want to land powerful punches at the speed of light? Then perhaps you’ve already made up your mind to train with a speed bag.
Aren’t you missing something? Yeah right, something to mount the speed bag on – a swivel.
Though it may not look like much, a decent swivel will help you train better and with greater intensity. However, with so many options to choose from, it is easy to get overwhelmed, but fret not, I will share some of the best speed bag swivels in the market.
My personal favorite option is the Everlast Professional Speed Bag Swivel, read on to explore similarly impressive models.
- Top 7 Best Speed Bag Swivels Rundown & Reviews
- 1. Everlast Professional Speed Bag Swivel – Best Overall
- 2. RDX Boxing Speed Bag Iron Heavy Duty Swivel – Best Budget Option
- 3. Ringside Mexican Style Swivel – Best For Smoothness
- 4. Meister Speed Bag Swivel – Best Universal Option
- 5. CLETO REYES Swivel – Best Endurance
- 6. LMF Speed Bag Swivel – Best Rebound
- 7. Meister Heavy Bag Ceiling Hanger Mount & Swivel – Best For Heavy Speed Bags
- What To Look For When Buying A Speed Bag Swivel?
Top 7 Best Speed Bag Swivels Rundown & Reviews
1. Everlast Professional Speed Bag Swivel – Best Overall
If speed and endurance is your need, then Everlast Professional Speed Bag Swivel has much to offer. Machine-crafted from stainless steel, this model is perfect for withstanding intense training sessions and is very durable too.
The metallic construct is meant to last, and its premium design is of professional-grade. It’s a major improvement over the standard model. It has a ball bearing installed inside to improve the speed bag rebound, and the installation process should not take any longer than 10 minutes.
P.S., all screws and miscellaneous items needed for mounting are provided in the package.
- Professional-grade equipment
- Stainless steel construct, machine-crafted
- Ball-bearing sealed inside to enhance the rebound speed of the bag
- U-hook (U-bolt) type swivel
- All screws and miscellaneous items provided
- Affordable option
- Very impressive features
- Very durable stainless steel construct
- Offers decent rebound speeds for the speed bag
- The U-hook is smaller than some competing models
The Everlast Professional Speed Bag Swivel offers a plethora of professional-grade features, all for an affordable rate, earning it a position among the best speed bag swivels on this list.
2. RDX Boxing Speed Bag Iron Heavy Duty Swivel – Best Budget Option
If you’re on a tight budget and want a sturdy swivel to start training for the ring, then RDX Boxing Speed Bag Iron Heavy Duty Swivel model is the one. This D-shaped (another name for U-bolt) swivel is compatible with speed bags and double-end balls at the same time.
In case you feel like changing the balls mid-training, you can do so by removing the collared pin. The setup process is pretty simple and all the nuts and bolts are provided by the manufacturer.
The only downside to this model is that it does not have any bearings in it, for some people this may be a deal-breaker. However, for such a durable and affordable model, one can forgo this much.
- Nickel-plated iron structure
- Compatible with both speed bags and double-end balls
- D-shackle (another name for U-bolt) type design
- Collared pin can be removed to switch bags
- Bolts and nuts for mounting included
- Sturdy and durable
- Offers wider compatibility
- Can easily switch bags amidst training sessions
- Mounting process is rather simple and all nuts and bolts are provided
- Lacks any ball bearings
The RDX Boxing Speed Bag Iron Heavy Duty Swivel is a highly robust and durable model available at a very affordable rate, if you’re on a tight budget then you should consider giving it a try.
3. Ringside Mexican Style Swivel – Best For Smoothness
The Ringside Mexican-Style Swivel also has a U-shaped design, it is a decent option available at an affordable rate. The best part of this model is that it offers smooth and accurate rebounds, even if it is not the fastest.
Since the bolt is a little thinner than what you’d want, fastening your bag may be a little tricky. That being said, the Ringside Mexican-Style Swivel offers amazing versatility with its pinch-pin mechanism of attachment, allowing you to change bags without any hassle.
- It features a stainless steel body
- The swivel has a U-shaped hook design
- A 1-inch center cylinder framework is present to enhance smoothness
- A pinch-pin mechanism allows you to switch bags with ease
- Mounting screws included in the package
- It is not the cheapest but still pretty affordable
- It has a stainless steel body which is pretty robust
- The pinch-pin functionality and the 1-inch center cylinder frame are praiseworthy
- The rebounds are smooth and accurate
- The bolt is somewhat thinner than what you’d want
- I found the rebound speed a little lower, not subpar, just less than some other models
Overall, the Ringside Mexican-Style Swivel is an excellent option to look for if you want smoother and accurate rebounds and wish to switch bags mid-training without any hassle.
4. Meister Speed Bag Swivel – Best Universal Option
The Meister Speed Bag Swivel offers a decent rebound speed, smoothness, and accuracy. Its stainless steel construction is highly durable and has been marketed as able to outlast the gym itself.
This model is pretty simple to set up and all the mounting hardware is provided in the package. A 360-degrees smooth bearing is also present inside its frame, allowing the speed bag to move smoothly and speedily.
And in case you feel like switching bags, then just take out the quick-release pin and set up a new speed bag. And don’t worry about the size, it can support them all.
- U-shaped design
- This swivel fits all speed bag sizes
- It is made up of stainless steel
- A speed enhancing ball bearing has been installed in this model
- A quick-release pin is present to make switching bags easier
- Mounting hardware included in the package
- One swivel for all speed bag sizes
- The stainless steel construction is highly durable
- The mounting process is very simple
- You can switch bags easily
- Not a high-end product
The Meister Speed Bag Swivel may not be a high-end product but it performs excellently on all fronts and is available at a surprisingly affordable rate.
5. CLETO REYES Swivel – Best Endurance
The CLETO REYES Swivel is available in a ball-bearing variant and a still one. If you’re dealing with a lighter bag then the former is preferable, however, for heavier speed bags, the latter will be better suited.
Both are highly durable and able to withstand rough usage, so you can push things to a maximum. The stainless steel construction, augmented with a triple chrome layer, is highly durable, making the model perfect for intense use.
Both variants of this model are professional-grade and though they may cost a bit more than some other options, they offer the best endurance too, and that’s something to look for.
- Made up of stainless steel
- Plated with a triple chrome layer
- Incorporates a ball bearing mechanism
- Available in a still variant too
- Professional-grade model
- It is meant to endure rough usage
- The stainless steel construction is meant to last
- It offers a decent rebound speed and smoothness
- Available in two variants
- A high-end product
- It is a bit pricier
- Mounting hardware is not included in the package
The CLETO REYES Swivel is an ideal option for rough usage, if you want to push your boxing or MMA training to the next level, then this is the product for you.
6. LMF Speed Bag Swivel – Best Rebound
If you’re in the US, you can get your hands on the LMF Speed Bag Swivel in no more than 3 days! This US-made model has a durable machine-crafted stainless steel frame, meant to withstand whatever you throw at it.
This model is perfect for reflex training and well worth its price. It excels at one thing: rebound. Your speed bag’s rebound speed will be appreciable with this swivel, making it perfect for intense and high-paced training.
This is because of a smooth ball bearing integrated into the frame. And to top it all, the product is shipped with all necessary mounting hardware.
- Machine-crafted from Stainless steel
- U-shaped model
- Bearing sealed inside
- Mounting hardware is also provided alongside the swivel
- The rebound is appreciably fast
- The integration of a ball bearing makes the performance even better
- The mounting process is simple all the screws and nuts are also provided alongside
- Perfect for intense training
- Some users feel that the screw inside the cylinder should be longer
The LMF Speed Bag Swivel is a well-designed model offering an excellent rebound, it is highly recommended for anyone wanting to train their reflexes.
7. Meister Heavy Bag Ceiling Hanger Mount & Swivel – Best For Heavy Speed Bags
The Meister Heavy Bag Ceiling Hanger Mount & Swivel is a robust and sturdy model, constructed from premium grade materials. The frame is made up of A36 steel, which is both hardy and durable, similarly, other components are also meant to last.
It is perfect for mounting heavy speed bags and supports weights up to 250 pounds with ease. The swivels included have a free rotation, meaning that the rebound will be speedy and smooth. If you wish to take your training to new extremes, then this model should be your first stop.
- Can support up to 250 pounds (115 kg) of weight
- It has a dense A36 steel frame
- Swivels have a free rotation (360-degrees)
- Mounting hardware included
- Incorporates premium-grade components
- It has a robust construction
- Superior to similar models from competing brands
- Perfect for mounting heavy bags
- If you do a fine job, you’ll have to mount it only once
- Some believe that the screws should be longer
If you’re looking to land some quick punches into heavy speed bags, then the Meister Heavy Bag Ceiling Hanger Mount & Swivel should be your choice.
What To Look For When Buying A Speed Bag Swivel?
Speed bags and their swivels are among the most important training equipment for boxers, so you ought to be careful here. A perfect swivel should be cost-effective, durable, and perform according to your expectations.
Finding such a model is hard, but fret not, you can consider the following factors when making a decision, to make it right.
Types Of Swivels
Here are the features of the three types of swivels you will come across while shopping online:
This is the simplest of the three and doesn’t have many parts to deal with. It offers the smoothest motion for your speed bag and the rebounds are very accurate. However, it falls short in one area: keeping it quiet, it simply can’t – it is the noisiest of the three and if that can be an issue for you, then avoid it.
If you want to keep noise to a minimum, then the chain-link swivel is an excellent type. However, after prolonged use, these models tend to get squeaky, which can be very annoying. You can solve this issue with some lubrication, there’s nothing that a little WD-40 can’t handle.
Another serious limitation is that changing the speed bag can become a tedious and tiresome process. Unlike the ball-hook or U-bolt swivels, this model will have to use pliers to pry the lock pin open and then replace the bag. For some, the labor is not worth it.
It is only suited for use in gyms to prevent any equipment tampering, but for personal use, a U-bolt model is better.
Known by several names, this model offers superior speed and precision. If you are looking for intense training, then this one should be your choice, and it is the most popular option in the market too.
Changing the speed bag should not be a problem, and the ball bearings incorporated into the design make rebounds smoother. The only problem is that the bag may sometimes slide along the bolt and rebound haphazardly.
None of the types are superior or inferior, they just work differently, choose the one that suits you the best. If you’re confused about which type will play out the best for you, check out this forum discussion.
What Is The Product Made Up Of?
You may come across several models made up of plastic. Upon first look, they will feel sturdy enough to last a year or two, but trust me, they’re not. Just remember: if it’s too good to be true, it always is.
When buying a speed bag swivel, opt for models that have sturdier and robust construction. High-quality models are made up of materials like stainless steel or iron plated with another anti-corrosive metal layer.
All of the products mentioned in the speed bag swivel reviews above were one or other.
How Well Does The Speed Bag Move?
Determining whether or not the speed bag movements are accurate and smooth, will require you to test the product first. Don’t get all fired up, I know this is not possible when buying stuff online.
The second best thing you can do is to check out customer reviews, find out how things worked out for them. As for the models mentioned on the list above, they have all been generally well-received.
Now that you’re all pumped up about getting a swivel, here’s a quick YouTube video about training with speed bags. If you’re a newbie, it will be very helpful.
You can also check out these five best speed bag workouts.
Hopefully, these speed bag swivel reviews were helpful for you in choosing a product for your training. My vote is for the Everlast Professional Speed Bag Swivel due to its versatility and features.
However, the RDX Boxing Speed Bag Iron Heavy Duty Swivel is also a decent option (without ball bearings though) for those on a tight budget.
Each model has its bearing capacity and usage style, keep that in mind when making a decision. To further aid your selection process, I have also highlighted some important points in the previous section, do check them out if you haven’t already.
In the meantime, train hard and live strong, but don’t forget to smile, it helps.