Last Updated on January 29, 2021
Practicing with punching bags and adhering to a bulletproof exercise routine is an integral part of making it as a boxer.
But you need more.
Jump ropes help you build better coordination and become quick on your feet, both of which will help you outlast your opponent.
And there’s more...
While they may all seem very much the same, jump ropes have varying qualities. Here, I will present to you the best jump ropes for boxing. My personal favorite is the WOD Nation Attack Speed Jump Rope, but there are other amazing models to explore too.
- Rundown: The Best Boxing Jump Ropes For 2020
- 1. WOD Nation Attack Speed Jump Rope - Best Overall
- 2. Epitomie Speed Jump Rope - Best Budget
- 3. Sonic Boom M2 High Speed Jump Rope - Best Adjustability
- 4. Pulse Weighted Jump Rope - Best Handles
- 5. Ballistyx Jump Rope - Best Grip
- 6. Spiex High Speed Jump Rope - Best Lightweight Option
- 7. King Athletic Speed Rope - Best for Intense Workout
- What Sets The Best Boxing Jump Ropes, Apart?
Rundown: The Best Boxing Jump Ropes For 2020
1. WOD Nation Attack Speed Jump Rope - Best Overall
WOD Nation Attack Speed Jump Rope is an excellent option for athletes seeking the ultimate cardio workout. The excellence of this high-speed and ultra-lightweight jump rope is unmatched at its price. The well-gripped handles are compatible with two cables.
The cable length is adjustable with the maximum limit being 10 feet, and you don’t have to worry about accidentally twisting it, because that’s not going to happen. Speed has been the major focus of this design and this model performs flawlessly in that area.
Just a P.S., you also get a carrying bag with this model.
- 10 feet long cable, adjustable
- Dual cable system
- High-speed movements
- Ball bearings integrated with the handles
- Carrying bag included
- The model offers a flawless high-speed experience
- It is perfect for cross-training
- It offers a dual cable system
- A carrying bag is also provided
- If you want a heavier rope, look elsewhere
WOD Nation Attack Speed Jump Rope is perfect for those who want to push it to the limit. This high-speed model will allow you to maximize your cardio workout sessions and prepare yourself for an epic showdown.
2. Epitomie Speed Jump Rope - Best Budget
If the name doesn’t resonate with you, then perhaps this description will. Epitomie Speed Jump Rope is a lightweight yet durable jump rope for casual and serious use, available at an affordable price.
Its metallic cable can be adjusted according to your height, allowing people of all ages and sizes to use it with ease. The best part is that the cable does not tangle or twist no matter what.
The handles have a sturdy full metal design with ball bearings built into them for a smoother rope motion, allowing for a better workout experience. To top it all up, this is one of the best options in terms of portability as it can be folded up with ease and fits perfectly inside a bag-pack.
- 10 feet long cable
- Metallic handles
- Cable length is adjustable
- Metal-based rope
- Ball bearings are present in the handles
- The cable is adjustable, meaning that almost anyone can use it
- You can’t twist or tangle the cable, that’s a relief
- It is pretty easy to take along with you in a bag-pack
- The model comes with a 100% money-back guarantee
- The handles may seem a bit unsteady
Epitomie Speed Jump Rope is a highly versatile option, having an adjustable, twist-free, and metallic cable. It delivers excellently on all fronts at an affordable price, making it the best budget speed rope for boxing.
3. Sonic Boom M2 High Speed Jump Rope - Best Adjustability
Sonic Boom M2 High Speed Jump Rope offers intense cardio workout and CrossFit training sessions with its impressive speed and versatility. The model features a 10 feet long polymer-coated cable, which is not only durable but also resistant to distortions of all sorts.
The best part about this product is that you don’t have to spend hours fumbling with the brackets to adjust the cable. The whole process is ultra-simple, allowing you to precisely set the cable length according to your height without any hassle.
- Polymer-coated rope
- Rope length is 10 feet
- Handles are equipped with non-slip silicon-based grips
- Ball bearings built into the handles
- It is a highly durable product
- The adjustability feature is very simple
- The handles have an excellent grip on them
- Ball bearings installed into the handles improve the speed significantly
- The cable may feel a bit rigid
Sonic Boom M2 High Speed Jump Rope is a hardy and durable product that delivers an intense workout experience, it is highly recommended for boxers.
4. Pulse Weighted Jump Rope - Best Handles
If all the other options mentioned so far were members of the ‘Justice League’, the Pulse Weighted Jump Rope would be ‘Superman’. This jump rope is equipped with durable and stylish handles crafted from an aluminum alloy and equipped with ball bearings to improve the speed.
You have the option to use either a 1/4 pound or 1/2 pound cable with this model, both can be adjusted to fit your height. As for the speed, this jump rope is a professional grade model and performs excellently in that area, and the same is true for all other parameters.
- Two cables included in the package
- The handles are made up of an aluminum alloy
- Ball bearings included
- Cable-length is adjustable
- The handles are very durable
- You are not restricted to using a single cable
- The speed performance is excellent
- Overall, the product is fairly durable and performs well
- It is comparatively pricier but worth every penny
The Pulse Weighted Jump Rope is an excellent option for intense CrossFit training, it will tune up your body perfectly for some serious action in the ring. It is the best skipping rope for boxing practice but comes at a justifiably solid price.
5. Ballistyx Jump Rope - Best Grip
Designed to last and available in three eye-catching colors, the Ballistyx Jump Rope is a product to marvel at. Not only is it handsomely designed but it works just as well.
The steel-based handles are covered with a non-slip silicone grip and equipped with ball bearings to maximize skipping speed. The grips will not slip even after a prolonged and intense cardio session when your palms become sweaty, this is the most notable feature of this model.
Fret not, you can easily alter the length with the adjustment thumbscrews on either handle. This model can therefore be used by multiple people at once.
- Silicone-covered handles
- Ball bearings incorporated inside the handles
- 100% money-back warranty
- Available in three colors: carbon black, red bullet, and silver bullet
- The handles offer a decent grip
- Cable-length can be adjusted with ease
- The handles will not slip even if your palms get sweaty
- The model is very durable
- Beginners may struggle a bit with this model
Ballistyx Jump Rope is a smartly designed and durable model, perfect for hardcore athletic training.
6. Spiex High Speed Jump Rope - Best Lightweight Option
The Spiex High Speed Jump Rope has a sturdy and unique design but is at the same time, a very lightweight and portable model. The lightweight and high-speed cable is over nine feet long (3 meters) and can be adjusted according to your preference.
The non-slip grips present on both handles are perfect for committing to an extensive workout routine. The handles are also fitted with ball bearings to increase the skipping speed and to make the cable twist-free.
For high-speed training, this model appears to be an appropriate choice. The most notable feature is its lightweight build which makes it easy to carry around.
- 3-meter long cable, adjustable
- Handles are covered with a non-slip grip
- Ball bearings have been built into the handles
- Lightweight design
- The adjustable cable length is a convenient feature
- The grips are comfortable
- The cable is durable
- Ball bearings improve the speed significantly
- The cable length is less than 10 feet
If portability is your concern then the lightweight Spiex High Speed Jump Rope is the ideal choice.
7. King Athletic Speed Rope - Best for Intense Workout
The King Athletic Speed Rope is a versatile model with an adjustable cable length, making it suitable for users of all ages. Being lightweight and portable, this model is perfect for carrying inside your bag-pack without worrying about it taking too much space.
Another bonus is the twist-free cable which is perfect for intense workouts. The most notable feature of this model is that it has been designed specifically to endure rough usage.
The handle grips are largely responsible for this endurance, they have been specifically molded for withstanding intense workout sessions. You also get a complimentary digital package of a video and two e-Books to help you get a head-start.
- The cable length is 9 feet and 4 inches
- Super-speed ball bearings have been built into the handles
- Tangle and twist-free cable
- You can ask for a replacement and full refund if the product is flawed
- 2 eBook guides and video will be sent to you via email (for free)
- The rope offers a decent speed
- This model is meant to withstand aggressive use
- The cable will not get tangled or twisted
- The eBook guides are very helpful for starters
- The cable length adjustment is a bit harder
The King Athletic Speed Rope is a high-endurance model, perfect for intense workouts. It is best suited for people of all skill levels and ages, and the eBooks provided are very helpful for starters.
What Sets The Best Boxing Jump Ropes, Apart?
Just as you need to step up with your punch skills, it is also vital for a boxer to keep a regular exercise routine to shape up and keep your stamina level up. And this is where your exercise tools and equipment come in. The best boxing bag, the best speedbags as well as a jump rope are only a few of the tools that you need.
When it comes to jump ropes, there are so many factors to consider when choosing a decent one, and you’re probably wondering “what kind of jump ropes do boxers use?” And another common question would probably be "What is the best pair of boxing gloves do women prefer?" In this section, I’ll answer just that.
Not all jump ropes are equal, the materials used have a huge impact on the product’s quality. However, each material has its pros and limitations. Leather is usually used in skipping ropes and while it is lightweight, leather cables are not adjustable in most cases.
Metal-based cables are also highly popular, they are often coated with other materials like PVC or nylon. Such metal-based cables are heavier than other lightweight-options (i.e. purely nylon-based), the latter tend to be better suited for intense workouts but are not as sturdy.
This part is often overlooked, but during intense workouts, you will find it harder and harder to keep your grip on the skipping rope with sweaty palms. An ergonomic design will allow you to maintain a better grip over the handles and use the rope effectively but with minimal effort.
Most handles are covered with a foam-based grip which is a pretty decent option. If you come across a handle without an appropriate grip option, avoid it at all costs.
Length & Adjustability
If you’re going to be using the skipping rope by yourself, then adjustability will not be an issue. However, if others will be using the rope then you should consider it. In general, if you could choose between a non-adjustable and adjustable model, go for the latter.
As for the length, there is no universal solution. You should opt for a jump rope that is at least 3 feet longer than your height. Just don’t overdo it, if you buy a rope that is too long, you will not be able to get the best out of it. Of course, it won’t be a trouble if the rope is adjustable.
If you think that a cheap model can offer the same results as one of the products mentioned on this list, then you are sorely mistaken. One severe flaw in cheaper models is that their cables get tangled and straightening them will be a painstaking process.
All professional-level jump ropes for boxers have a tangle-free cable which is both convenient and offers better performance.
Before we move on, let’s see a short jump rope tutorial on boxing steps, below. 😉
The importance of a decent jump rope for athletic training, especially for boxing, cannot be overstated. All of the products mentioned on this list are excellent in their own way, and you can't go wrong with buying any one of them.
However, my personal favorite is the WOD Nation Attack Speed Jump Rope due to its versatility and impressive design. But if you’re on a tight budget, then Epitomie Speed Jump Rope is a pretty decent professional-grade option too.
And in case you set your eyes on a product of your liking and are confused about whether or not to get it, weigh it against the features mentioned in the buyer’s guide.
I’ll catch you with the next one, and until then, don’t forget to be awesome!